HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ON TECHSLANG:
Information that is voluntarily provided
Techslang may collect personal and other information directly from you if you choose to provide that information voluntarily. Any information that you provide may be seen or captured by other visitors to the Site. You are therefore advised to avoid posting sensitive personal data.
Information that is automatically collected
Techslang and our third-party partners may use tools such as cookies, Web beacons, and other similar technologies to collect certain information automatedly when you visit the Site. They may include your IP address, operating system, browser and system settings, data about the device you use to access the Site, the unique identifiers for that device, and clickstream data or the series of pages you clicked to browse the Site.
Uses for the information we collect
Information such as email addresses collected through the Site may be used for various purposes such as:
- Perform data analytics to know how the Site is being used, trend analysis, market and customer research, and anonymizing personal data;
- Announce user participation in contests, programs, events, or promotions;
- Reply to requests, comments, and questions as well as provide other types of user support;
- Display ads and offers from us and our partners according to your interests and online activities;
- Provide the content and services you may request after signing up for our email newsletters;
- Identify and prevent criminal activity, fraudulent claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with legal requirements, law enforcement mandates, and company policies.
We may provide access to the information we collect through the Site to our agents, consultants, and vendors in order to help them perform their work on our behalf. They are, however, bound by confidentiality agreements and are not allowed to use personal data collected through the site for other and unauthorized purposes.
Retention of data
Techslang will retain users’ personal data for as long as necessary to allow them to use the site and its products or enable us to continue providing services to them.
Protecting the privacy of personal data
Techslang exercises firm administrative and technical measures to protect users’ personal data against unlawful or accidental use, alteration, or disclosure. Users assume some security risk for the information they provide to the Site given that it is not possible to ensure the safety of transmitting such information online.